About Prestige Residential Construction
Prestige is a family-run, high-quality, positive company with a fast-paced environment. We take great pride in our individual and collective work. We provide competitive pay and a robust benefits package.
If you’re detail-oriented, quality focused, dedicated to teamwork, and interested in joining Prestige, please send your resume and cover letter to Employment@www.prestigecrafted.com.
Staff Carpenter Summary
The position of Staff Carpenter is that of overall support at a Prestige Residential Construction job site, representing Prestige to clients, subcontractors, vendors, and other employees.
- Report to the site leader as directed by the Production Manager, providing support in any aspect of construction.
- Perform carpentry work, requesting help as needed.
- Assist in material and equipment handling and other labor requirements.
- Assist subcontractors only as requested by the site leader.
- Take steps to avoid wasting time, money, or materials through organization, purchase, and minimized usage waste and/or recycling.
- Complete assignments and finishes projects on schedule.
- Ensure that a clean and organized jobsite is always maintained, including protection of the clients and company’s property.
- Demonstrate pride in customer service, craftsmanship, site management, and team work.
- Respond effectively to requests from project lead, staff, and clients.
- Proactively solicit customer feedback and inform supervisor.
- Use good judgement; display commitment to excellence.
- Two years of construction field experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Commitment to an open philosophy of communication, growth and development, integrity, customer service, and team work.
- Own and maintain basic hand tools.
- Clean, functional, and dependable transportation.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Dress and groom appropriately, as per company policy.
- Maintain the company’s typical workday schedule of 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
In this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and use hands and arms to reach, grasp, handle or feel. The employee must frequently walk and may be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
This position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, office equipment, and construction tools. This person must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels, both in person and over the telephone. Vision correctable to 20/40 is required to review written materials. Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous conditions that may result in threat of health and safety including extreme noise, traffic, inclement weather conditions, climbing and lifting (30+ lbs.), chemicals and other hazardous materials, and machinery.