About Prestige Residential Construction
Since 1981, Prestige has produced residential projects of the highest quality. Our portfolio represents a mix of architect-designed homes, historic home renovations, and remodeling projects of both modest and expansive scale. At Prestige, we go out of our way to build long-term relationships with the people we serve.
Prestige is a family-run, high-quality, positive company with a fast-paced environment. We take great pride in our individual and collective work. We provide competitive pay, health coverage, paid time off, mobile device allowance, mileage reimbursement, and regular performance and pay reviews.
Lead Carpenter Summary
The Lead Carpenter is responsible for carrying out the job from start to finish, including coordinating trade contractors, job site supervision, carpentry labor, completing required reports and paper trails, and representing Prestige in achieving job site quality, cleanliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the company’s jobsite representative, ultimately responsible for the quality, safety, budget, and schedule performance of the project.
- Acquire trade contractor, vendor, and supplier proposals and evaluate against budget.
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage all activities on the jobsite.
- Ensure that everyone performing work on the jobsite follows company policies.
- Prepare accurate material take-offs, place all materials orders, and submit necessary paperwork.
- Balancing project administrative and self-performed labor responsibilities, and requesting support when needed.
- Work effectively with the appointed Project Manager by regularly updating them on progress, discoveries, discrepancies, and any possible conditions or delays that may affect the project budget and/or schedule.
- Prepare for and lead regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Propose viable recommendations or solutions to construction challenges.
- Bring projects to completion on schedule and within budget.
- Keep thorough and accurate project records.
- Capable of utilizing company provided technology and software to fulfill job requirements.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a staff carpenter with some exposure/experience leading projects or aspects of.
- Ability to manage and coordinate trade contractors, vendors, and employees.
- Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to open communication, growth and development, integrity, customer service, and team work.
- Own and maintain a complete array of construction power and hand tools.
- Clean, functional, and dependable truck or van.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Dress and groom appropriately, as per company policy.
- Maintain the company’s typical workday schedule of 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid training.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
In this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and use hands and arms to reach, grasp, handle or feel. The employee must frequently walk and may be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
This position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, office equipment, and construction tools. This person must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels, both in person and over the telephone. Vision correctable to 20/40 is required to review written materials. Frequent exposure to potentially hazardous conditions that may result in threat of health and safety including extreme noise, traffic, inclement weather conditions, climbing and lifting (30+ lbs.), chemicals and other hazardous materials, and machinery.