About Prestige Residential Construction
Since 1981, Prestige has produced residential projects of the highest quality. Our portfolio represents a mix of architect-designed homes, historic home renovations, and remodeling projects of both modest and expansive scale. At Prestige, we go out of our way to build long-term relationships with the people we serve.
Prestige is a family-run, high-quality, positive company with a fast-paced environment. We take great pride in our individual and collective work. We provide competitive pay, health coverage, paid time off, mobile device allowance, mileage reimbursement, and regular performance and pay reviews.
Construction Laborer & Driver Summary
The Construction Laborer & Driver is expected to facilitate the ordering, purchasing, coordination and delivery of building materials, tools and equipment to all project jobsites. This position represents Prestige to clients, trade contractors, vendors and other employees.
- Coordinates the ordering, purchasing, and delivery of building materials, tools, and equipment to all projects.
- Assists in the mobilization and demobilization of each project.
- Manages physical facilities and keeps them organized, weather protected, clean, and safe.
- Coordinates fleet maintenance and repair.
- Coordinates equipment and tool maintenance, leasing, and/or repair.
- Provides clear and legible information to Finance Manager for time and materials billings.
- Provides carpentry and labor support as needed.
- Learns WISHA and our company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures “green” practices and procedures are followed at all times.
- “Self manages,” corrects errors, and follows through on all problems to resolution.
- Builds positive relationships with clients, trade contractors, vendors and staff.
- Observes, plans, and “pitches in” wherever needed.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- A combination of 5 years school and/or experience in the construction industry or delivery business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Good troubleshooter and problem solver.
- Commitment to an open philosophy of communication, growth, integrity, customer service and teamwork.
- An internal drive to set examples for others, develop and implement procedures to maximize efficiency and minimize wasted time and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with clients, trade contractors, and co-workers.
- Clean, functional, and dependable transportation.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Comfort operating small commercial trucks. Ideally possesses a CDL.
- Dress and groom appropriately, as per company policy.
- Maintain the company’s typical workday schedule of 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
As much as 50% of the employee’s time may be spent driving. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; active construction sites; and the outdoor elements.
In this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and use hands and arms to reach, grasp, handle or feel. The employee must frequently walk and may be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee may also occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.